BBC Compass Podcast episodes about how we live, dress, work, sit, affects our bodies and our anatomy. Everything we talk about in physical therapy.
Episode 1, about how our feet have changed.
Check it out! Link below:
|Common areas of hypermobility:
· Lumbar spine hyperextension – low back too arched back
· Shoulder hyperextension – arms and shoulders pulled too far backward
· Knees pointing in towards the middle
|How to control:
· Lumbar hyperextension: tuck tail bone down towards the ground using gluts and lower abs
· Reach hands and arms up and forward, not backward
· Keep knees in line with toes
· Not pictured, but still important, to control head and neck posture, slight chin tuck, not looking up and preventing head from hanging back